Monday, September 15, 2008

Heading to Ireland September 16, 2008!

My annual trip to Ireland is just one day away and for once I'm not running around ragged trying to handle client requests -- one of the good things about a bad economy I suppose.

I will be lugging all of my computer equipment including laptop, digital camera, digital video camera, iPod (for the car!) and all of the cables, wires and accessories that go with all of this. I'm hoping to get a wireless internet connection here and there so I can blog while I'm away but that may not happen.

This trip will include two nights in Doolin, still one of my favorite towns because it's so small and has just a few pubs, each with traditional music happening each night of the week. Self-proclaimed "music capital of Ireland", this town is relaxed and quaint with lots to see and do in the area. We plan on hitting the Burren Perfumery, Lisdoonvarna Smokehouse, the local dolmen (can't think of the name!) and checking out the new Halcyon Spa in Ballyvaughan.

From there we'll head south to Bantry and visit with our friends for 4 nights, relaxing, touring locally and just hanging out like a local.

Check back often to see if we have updates!

No comments: